“If
men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament”
- Florynce R. Kennedy
- Florynce R. Kennedy
o
In Our world
what men say and do is automatically
better then what a women says and thinks
o
Men only care
about themselves; a mans way or the highway
o
If things were in reverse our positions on
politics and things like abortion would be different
“We don't like to kill our unborn; we need
them to grow up and fight our wars.”
― Marilyn Manson
― Marilyn Manson
o
Says that our
world only cares if women have abortions because they want our kids to fight
their wars
o
The un-borns
will either die from an abortion or die later fighting in a war
“Against
abortion? Don't have one.” ~Author Unknown
o
Just because
you don’t support abortion doesn’t mean another doesn’t need one
o
If you don’t
like the idea don’t have one or just ignore it
o
Every women
has the right to decide and take actions that she sees fit to protect her
health
1. Nobody's Home by
Avril Lavigne
Well I couldn't tell you
why she felt that way,
She felt it everyday.
And I couldn't help her,
I just watched her make the same mistakes again.
What's wrong, what's wrong now?
Too many, too many problems.
Don't know where she belongs, where she belongs.
She wants to go home, but nobody's home.
It's where she lies, broken inside.
With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes.
Broken inside.
Open your eyes and look outside, find the reasons why.
You've been rejected, and now you can't find what you left behind.
Be strong, be strong now.
Too many, too many problems.
Don't know where she belongs, where she belongs.
She wants to go home, but nobody's home.
It's where she lies, broken inside.
With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes.
Broken inside.
Her feelings she hides.
Her dreams she can't find.
She's losing her mind.
She's fallen behind.
She can't find her place.
She's losing her faith.
She's fallen from grace.
She's all over the place.
Yeah,oh
She wants to go home, but nobody's home.
It's where she lies, broken inside.
With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes.
Broken inside.
She's lost inside, lost inside...oh oh yeah
She's lost inside, lost inside...oh oh yeah
She felt it everyday.
And I couldn't help her,
I just watched her make the same mistakes again.
What's wrong, what's wrong now?
Too many, too many problems.
Don't know where she belongs, where she belongs.
She wants to go home, but nobody's home.
It's where she lies, broken inside.
With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes.
Broken inside.
Open your eyes and look outside, find the reasons why.
You've been rejected, and now you can't find what you left behind.
Be strong, be strong now.
Too many, too many problems.
Don't know where she belongs, where she belongs.
She wants to go home, but nobody's home.
It's where she lies, broken inside.
With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes.
Broken inside.
Her feelings she hides.
Her dreams she can't find.
She's losing her mind.
She's fallen behind.
She can't find her place.
She's losing her faith.
She's fallen from grace.
She's all over the place.
Yeah,oh
She wants to go home, but nobody's home.
It's where she lies, broken inside.
With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes.
Broken inside.
She's lost inside, lost inside...oh oh yeah
She's lost inside, lost inside...oh oh yeah
2. Slipped Away by Avril Lavigne
Na
na, na na na, na na
I miss you, miss you so bad
I don't forget you, oh it's so sad
I hope you can hear me
I remember it clearly
The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same
Oh
Na na na na na na na
I didn't get around to kiss you
Goodbye on the hand
I wish that I could see you again
I know that I can't
Oh
I hope you can hear me cause I remember it clearly
The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same
Oh
I had my wake up
Won't you wake up
I keep asking why
And I can't take it
It wasn't fake
It happened, you passed by
Now you are gone, now you are gone
There you go, there you go
Somewhere I can't bring you back
Now you are gone, now you are gone
There you go, there you go,
Somewhere you're not coming back
The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same no..
The day you slipped away
Was the day that I found it won't be the same oh...
Na na, na na na, na na
I miss you
I miss you, miss you so bad
I don't forget you, oh it's so sad
I hope you can hear me
I remember it clearly
The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same
Oh
Na na na na na na na
I didn't get around to kiss you
Goodbye on the hand
I wish that I could see you again
I know that I can't
Oh
I hope you can hear me cause I remember it clearly
The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same
Oh
I had my wake up
Won't you wake up
I keep asking why
And I can't take it
It wasn't fake
It happened, you passed by
Now you are gone, now you are gone
There you go, there you go
Somewhere I can't bring you back
Now you are gone, now you are gone
There you go, there you go,
Somewhere you're not coming back
The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same no..
The day you slipped away
Was the day that I found it won't be the same oh...
Na na, na na na, na na
I miss you
3. Tomorrow by Avril Lavigne
And
I wanna believe you,
When you tell me that it'll be ok,
Ya I try to believe you,
But I don't
When you say that it's gonna be,
It always turns out to be a different way,
I try to believe you,
Not today, today, today, today, today...
I don't know how I'll feel,
tomorrow, tomorrow,
I don't know what to say,
tomorrow, tomorrow
Is a different day
It's always been up to you,
It's turning around,
It's up to me,
I'm gonna do what I have to do,
just don't
Gimme a little time,
Leave me alone a little while,
Maybe it's not too late,
not today, today, today, today, today...
I don't know how I'll feel,
tomorrow, tomorrow,
I don't know what to say,
tomorrow, tomorrow
Is a different day
Hey yeah yeah, hey yeah yeah, and I know I'm not ready,
Hey yeah yeah, hey yeah yeah, maybe tomorrow
Hey yeah yeah, hey yeah yeah, and I know I'm not ready,
Hey yeah yeah, hey yeah yeah, maybe tomorrow
And I wanna believe you,
When you tell me that it'll be ok,
Yeah I try to believe you,
Not today, today, today, today, today...
When you tell me that it'll be ok,
Ya I try to believe you,
But I don't
When you say that it's gonna be,
It always turns out to be a different way,
I try to believe you,
Not today, today, today, today, today...
I don't know how I'll feel,
tomorrow, tomorrow,
I don't know what to say,
tomorrow, tomorrow
Is a different day
It's always been up to you,
It's turning around,
It's up to me,
I'm gonna do what I have to do,
just don't
Gimme a little time,
Leave me alone a little while,
Maybe it's not too late,
not today, today, today, today, today...
I don't know how I'll feel,
tomorrow, tomorrow,
I don't know what to say,
tomorrow, tomorrow
Is a different day
Hey yeah yeah, hey yeah yeah, and I know I'm not ready,
Hey yeah yeah, hey yeah yeah, maybe tomorrow
Hey yeah yeah, hey yeah yeah, and I know I'm not ready,
Hey yeah yeah, hey yeah yeah, maybe tomorrow
And I wanna believe you,
When you tell me that it'll be ok,
Yeah I try to believe you,
Not today, today, today, today, today...
1. This song relates to the world because
it’s about depression and many people all over the world suffer from
depression. It’s about a teenage girl suffering from depression and how her
depression makes her feel. She fells abandoned by her family and friends like
no one can help her. Avril Lavigne
relates
the girl’s depression to an old abandoned house. I feel like the house is
trapping her because it kept saying “there’s no place to go” and “she’s broken
inside”. I think it could have been that or Avril Lavigne was relating the
house to her relieve from depression but she can’t get inside because “nobody’s
home”. This song makes you feel alone, like no one cares, no one understands,
and no one can help. I feel like these songs by Avril Lavigne are images of her
and what she thinks of herself. Over all this song relates to the world because
it’s about abandonment and depression.
2. This song relates to the world because
it’s about losing someone very close to you and how hard it could be. This song
in particular is about Avril Lavigne losing her Grandfather. “The day you
slipped away was the day I found it won’t be the same” part of the main idea in
the song is that you truly don’t know what you have until it’s gone and you
can’t get it back. This song can relate to anyone because everyone has
experienced death even if they don’t remember. Both my Grandfathers and one of
my Grandmothers died before I was born. Even though I never knew them I still
miss them and wish I could have gotten a chance to at least meet them. My
family always tells me and my sister stories about them and just can’t seem to
forget them or feel any less sad even though they died twenty years ago. I
think that’s the other part of the message to the song is that you should never
forget people even after they’re gone for good.
3. This song is relates to the world
because it’s about depression. Family and friends keep telling the girl that it
will be ok but she can’t get rid of her depression. She tries to convince
herself that she will be ok but she can’t, she knows it’s not true. She tells
herself that she doesn’t know what will happen tomorrow and maybe she won’t be
sad tomorrow because her sadness just won’t go away. I also think this son
could be about her losing someone close to her and she’s in the depression
phase of grieving and not ready to let go. Let go is also the title of the
album so letting go of something could be the story behind all the songs on
this album.
Malala Yousafzai: Bravery of an ignored struggle
Last
month, the world was shocked when the Pakistan based Taliban shot a fourteen year old girl in an
assassination attempt because of her education and women's rights activism in
the Swat valley. She miraculously survived and the incident stirred a worldwide
reaction of solidarity. To the global imagination, Malala Yousafzai became the
antithesis to the extremist and apathetic narrative surrounding the nation of Pakistan today. The nation's few inspired citizens raised
their voices condemning the attack, as the international media applauded giving
a global platform to a largely ignored struggle against extremism. Yet, as time
went by, the issue melted away, out of the dynamic news cycle. The rare public
outcry was no where to be seen. Yet, the question of the incident's effect on
the Pakistani public sphere still hangs in the air. Is Malala's name still
chanted on the streets of Pakistan or is it now just a whisper? Has the incident
really shaken the people out of their fear and apathy? Has it given them the
vigour to reclaim their nation and their faith?
Malala Yousafzai:
Bravery of an Ignored Struggle is about a fourteen year old girl who was shot by
a Taliban because she was educated and was part of Women’s Rights Activism a
month ago. She miraculously survived with a bad bullet wound to the head. This
sparked international support for a largely ignored struggle for women’s rights
but only a month later and almost all of it is forgotten. If it was a man that
got shot in this situation it probably wouldn’t have been forgotten in less
then a month. So, why are women considered not as important as men?
Women’s Rights Activism
has been going on for a long time, but how are we so different? Women make up
approximately one half of the population. Without us the human race would die
out and I don’t think the men understand that. The women in these countries
have to cover their whole bodies and men won’t even shake hands with them
because they consider them to be so low and that they are so much more powerful
then them. They’re not allowed to learn or do anything a man can do. About the
only thing they are allowed to do is stay home and take care of the children.
The U.S. used to be like that
but the women had a strong voice. It’s still not even today, women only get
paid about seventy cents for every dollar a man makes doing the same job. I
think that’s unfair but it’s better then what these women in the Middle east have. If the women in
these countries could only speak up they could be more equal to these men.
The Middle East is fighting for the
men’s power against the dictators but they’re not fighting for the women’s
rights against the men. Men already have too much power that’s how all these
wars start up, men trying to be more powerful then other men and trying to rule
the world. If we give just a little bit more of that power to the women so they
can at least vote and run for office our world would be much happier because it
wouldn’t be run only by men.
Bibliography
http://ibnlive.in.com/blogs/ayushmanjamwal/3248/64091/malala-yousafzai-bravery-of-an-ignored-struggle.html
by Ayushman Jamwal, November 22
No comments:
Post a Comment