#3 How does this text make you think about justice in the world?
The book Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver deals with issues such as teen drinking, drugs, bullying, and teen suicide. I think the justice in this story isn't right. A girl named Juliet Skyes committed suicide after years of bullying from Lindsay, Ally, Elody, and Sam. Coincidentally Juliet jumps in front of Lindsay's car probably for pay back or blame. Sam is sitting in the passengers seat and is killed because of it. I feel this is not fair because Sam wasn't even the meanest of her and her friends bullying Juliet. Sure she was mean but she didn't deserve to die because of it. If that was her punishment then I think that its even more unfair because her friends, especially Lindsay, because they didn't get that big of a punishment. Maybe their punishment was dealing with the burden of a dead friend and the thought that they basically murdered Juliet, but I don't think that's enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment