I have recently been reading The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. The book is about a fourteen year old girl named Susie Salmon and her story of death when she was raped and murdered by her neighbor Mr. Harvey. Right in the beginning of the book Susie gets raped and then killed and you already know who did it. So obviously its not a book about figuring out who the killer was. Its a book from the point of view from Susie as she watches her family from heaven. She watches as her family tries to figure out who could have done this, as they slowly figure out the puzzle. She watches as her family gets older still grieving over her death. She's always watching trying to send signals to her family to say that even though she's gone she's still with them always. As she watches her family get older and slowly slowly start to move on with their lives, Susie go's through her life before she died, the good and the bad, what she wishes she could have done and what she actually did do. As well as watching over her family she watches her boyfriend and Mr. Harvey, watching as he kills one after another.
12. At what points do you notice yourself resisting the book characters or authors? What does this resistance say about the book, what does it say about you?
While reading The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold I was resistant to some parts. This book is not meant to be liked. I mean I like it but I don't like what some people do. Its a book about rape and death so it's not normal if you like what the characters do. I like the book because it's a good book with a good plot full of mystery and just full of emotions that always change.
i lovveee the moviee and the book soo muchh! they areee soooo ammazzinnggg!!! <3333333 i like how you summed up the book so we know what its aboutt... anndd yeah i agreee wit youu about how its a book not meant to be liked.. but i still like it anywayyyssss.........
ReplyDeleteI liked this response a lot! I actually read the book and saw the movie. After reading this, I want to reread the book. I enjoyed reading this response.
ReplyDelete