I have recently been reading Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. The book is about a girl named Bella who moves to a town in Washington where her father already lives from her mother's house in Phoenix, Arizona. It's a big change for her because she doesn't know anybody at her new school and also because she isn't used to much rain and cold weather since she is coming from one of the warmest and driest places in the US. She meets new friends at her school but one person mystifies her. She can't seem to figure Edward Cullen out. This book is about her realizing that vampires and werewolves really do exist, not only in books but in her life. It is also about choosing. But who has the power?
Bella has power in the story. I think that Bella has some power in the story because she has to choose who she will date. Bella loves both people Jacob and Edward but in different ways, Jacob is more of a family friend and Edward she loves more as a boyfriend. Both love her in a sort of girlfriend way so it is her choice to pick who she will date.
Jacob and Edward have the power in the story. I think that both Edward and Jacob have the power in the story. Their power is mostly physical, they are physically powerful and strong while as Bella is mentally strong. Both want Bella and so they aren't very fond of each other. Also the werewolves and the vampires are natural enemies so it makes things worse. But they also have things in common like their strength and also their job to protect Bella, a mortal with no strength and no way of protecting herself from other immortal beings like werewolves and vampires.
All in all multiple characters have power in different ways whether it be physical or mental in this book.
I like how you gave background information about the book. I also like how you gave your opinion about Edward and Jacob and how they have "the power". What I found interesting was how you said that both boys (Jacob and Edward) are both in love with Bella. So they must protect her. I liked how you talked about all of the main characters in the book.
ReplyDeleteThis is a really good response. I liked how you included information about both of the characters, and how they each have different relationships with Bella. I like how you clearly showed who had the "power" in the book and how you stated your reasoning. Great Job!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteeven though i have read all the books this makes me want to read it againg because the details you added sound intresting and it intruiges me.
ReplyDelete