Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Go Ask Alice

     I recently started reading Go Ask Alice by anonymous. The book is about a fifteen year old girl who becomes addicted to a drug called LSD. First her life starts out as she claims miserable but when she finally heres the news that her family is moving she feels like its a way for her to kind of start her life over. When she said start her life over she meant in a good way but her new life starts out pretty bad. After moving in to her new home she meets some new friends at school where they invite her to a party. At the party everyone played this game where everyone took a coke and inside one of them was LSD but no one nows which cup it is. Of course the main character of the book gets the cup with the LSD.
     So far from reading this book I have learned that drugs are bad for you which I already know. The main character of the book seems like a pretty good girl who probably, if offered, wouldn't do drugs. She ended up getting addicted to drugs because someone poured her a cup of coke which had LSD in it and that showed me that I should be careful especially at parties and pour my own drink. I think this book is doing the opposite of promoting teen use of drugs because it really shows how a teens life is after she gets addicted, when she's on drugs, and when she is away from drugs for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment